Hands-On With Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
SPOILER ALERT, obviously! >>
★ Become a Star ★
- Create a solo or a group number to perform to others: it can be a macro'ed dance, a strip show (we know you are going to, Draven), fancy gear swapping magical girl transformation, or just a visit on the stage to show off your amazing glamour while making poses and interacting with the crowd. Do a mini fashion show. Tell XIV related (dad) jokes. Do a monologue. Roast someone (with their consent). There is no limit as long as it's possible in the game!
- Participating in this isn't mandatory; you can just watch.
- This is not a contest, but a way to engage and have fun. So no pressure whatsoever.
- Instead of one grand prize every participant gets to choose one thing from the market board valued 100,000-200,000 Gil maximum. So sign up! (Gear, minions, mounts, bardings, furniture, these are all for grabs.)
♫ Be glamorous. Be captivating. Be bold. Be a Songbird. ♫
- Although the general theme of the party is in the catchphrase, you don't have to dress in the Little Ladies's Day event outfit or use the /songbird emote. The main thing is to be as sparkly, fabulous, glamorous as possible — and that's it. Interpret it as you like. I mean, if we accept cowboy strippers as fantasy/fairytale characters/creatures, I'm sure we can consider anything sufficiently superstar-ly. Superstar-ic. Superstar-ish.... something.
- If all else fails, you can always do an U turn and come up with the ugliest glamour you can imagine. I mean, superstars have their downs as well as their ups, so why hide it? Stardom isn't glamorous, it's terrible. Show that.
- For your musical needs I'm moving the Orchestrion behind the stage: feel free to use it.
- You can discuss ideas and plans with others, including me. This is not a contest, after all.
✚ ... and more ✚
- Let me know if you have any ideas while I'm coming up with more!
Main Story Quests
"Tidings from Gyr Abania" > The Rising Stones 6,6 > Tataru
Main scenario quest "An Ending to Mark a New Beginning" must be completed
Beast Tribe Quests (Moonlift Dance)
"When Good Dragons Go Bad" > Idyllshire 6,7 > Drydox
Main scenario quest "Heavensward" and the quests "The Nest of Honor," "A Symbiotic Friendship," and "The Zenith of Craftsmanship" must be completed
"The Last Pillar to Fall" > The Rising Stones 6,5 > Unukalhai
Quest "Balance unto All" must be completed
"A Demonic Duplicate" > The Rising Stones 6,5 > Unukalhai
Quest "The Last Pillar to Fall" must be completed
Sohm Al (Hard)
"The Fires of Sohm Al" > Idyllshire 4,8 > Gossamer Moogle
Main scenario quest "Heavensward" must be completed
"Where Shadows Reign" > The Sea of Clouds 6,5 > Stacia
Quest "Freedom for Our Skies" must be completed
Side Quests (eyeglasses emote)
"An Egi by Any Other Name" > Limsa Lominsa 4,11 > Thubyrgeim
Quest "Primal Burdens" must be completed
"Fiery Wings, Fiery Hearts" > Idyllshire 7,6 > Walking Atlas
Main scenario quest "Heavensward" must be completed and you must have obtained every Lanner mount
"The Proud and the Pointy-eyed" > Ishgard 9,11 > Cyr
Quest "Don't Trust Anyone over Sixty" must be completed
"The Student Body's Revenge" > Ishgard 8,7 > Briardien
Quest "Finding Ulaa" must be completed
"Born Again Anima" > Azys Lla 7,11 > Ardashir
Quest "Future Proof" must be completed
- Hold Crtl while viewing the map
- Test "Equip previous Set" and "Equip Following Set"
- Try the search feature in the Journal window
- Check out Duty Finder settings
- Check out new Novice Network features
- Check out the Raid Finder window
- Check out the Log Filters
- Check out EXTRAS in the Actions & Traits window
- Check out Quick Chat in the Actions & Traits window
- Talk to Grand Company's quatermaster
- Check out Squadron windows
- Check out "Paintings" section within Market Board
- Experiment with Egi glamours
- Set Keybind "Target Own Companion"
- Check out the Party Finder window
- Check out the Contact List window
- Check out the Fitting Room window
- Character Configuration > UI Settings > Display help text when using cross-type main commands
- Character Configuration > UI Settings > Display Pop-up Text
- Character Configuration > UI Settings > Pop-up Text size
- Character Configuration > UI Settings > Display registered duties in Timers
- Character Configuration > UI Settings > Display duty registration details in Timers
- Character Configuration > Hotbar settings
- Character Configuration > Log Window Settings > Display World name in chat log when is another server
- System Configuration > Other Settings > Group Pose/Idling Camera Settings
- System Configuration > Gamepad Settings > Enable window zoom via R3
Other things to do
- Check out Battlehall
- Check out NPC Material Supplier & Housing Merchant in a housing area
- Check out Idyllshire
- Check out Bertana in Idyllshire 5,5
- Check out NPC Joyous Painter and preview paintings in Idyllshire 4,6
- Keep Company Workshop up to date
- Obtain Garo event items
- Use a database to overview new items
- Obtain new orchestrion rolls
- Obtain new Triple Triad cards
- Fish new big fishes